Another solo episode from Victoria this week as she walks you through her model for what she calls “emotional hygiene” - the practice of becoming clear on one’s emotional landscape prior to interacting with others.
Victoria walks you through:
- Why emotional regulation isn’t always desired
- How Non-Violent Communication can go very wrong if regulation isn’t present
- Her analogy and model around creating emotional hygiene - including a practical how-to on establishing emotional clarity, developing an emotional sorting process and a decision-making pattern of what to take from that forward into conversation
- The complexity of navigating emotional clarity and how to allow yourself the time and space to do this
- Having whole conversations with people - and why we don’t
- Attachment styles and how that changes the way we show up in intimate conversations, and why we often don’t have whole conversations or emotionally regulate effectively
- How to change your behavior if emotional regulation and coherence is something that you find challenging
Stay tuned to the END this week for all of the Unveil updates, if you’re interested in how the podcast is evolving and the news from the Unveil team.
You may want to listen to our previous podcast episodes on How to Communicate in a Way that has Impact but Honors the Truth: Non-Violent Communication Broken Down and Nervous System Regulation: What Does That Mean? Is It Really the ”Key to Life”? And How Can You Navigate the Nervous System as a Novice?
Next week we have ANOTHER great guest – and the interviews are going to become more of a podcast fixture over time so if you have someone you’d like us to interview – let us know! Send an email to email@example.com
And do Subscribe to our podcast if you want to receive more content like this.
For a full transcript of this episode, click here.
Follow @theunveilpodcast @theunveilacademy and @victorialfenton on social media
The Unveil Academy Founding Member Cohort is still open for registration: unveilacademy.com/launch for details, or unveilacademy.com/admissions
The Aletheia Clinic – check out our services now
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.